30 minutes remaining
Before you begin
Bulk mutations are designed to operate on large volumnes of data. It bypasses the rate limits for single queries, and offers an asynchronous solution to handling costly mutations.
This workshop extends the guide to Bulk import data with the GraphQL Admin API, that provides a great overview on bulk mutations. Following the same bulk product import example from this guide, we will use Postman as the API client to send requests, and set up a workflow using pre-request and post-request scripts. You can adapt this workflow in your app's native language to streamline any bulk mutation process.
- Staging a target to upload the input variables file
- Uploading the file to the staged target with authentication
- Consuming the staged path to the uploaded file in the bulk mutation
What you'll need
- A Shopify partner account
- A development store with pre-populated data to test upload files
- Create an Admin custom app and generate an access token with
- Review the Bulk import data with the GraphQL Admin API documentation
- A Postman account to send authenticated requests