45 minutes remaining
Before you begin
In this workshop we'll get hands-on with Webhooks. We'll look at what webhooks are, why you'd use them and how to handle some common gotchas.
After you've finished this tutorial, you'll have accomplished the following:
- Learned the what, why and how of webhooks
- Created a webhook subscription via the Shopify Admin
- Implemented a webhook subscription programmatically
- Implemented a queue to store and process webhooks
- Efficiently handled duplicate notifications
- Implemented a job to reconcile data
What you'll need
- Create a Shopify partner account
- Create a development store
- Node 14.13 or higher
- Your favorite code editor
To view the complete source code for this workshop, check out this repo.